Sunday, June 17, 2007

Isn't that always the way?


Well, After banging my head against two spanish ring knots, I found that the book I was using doesn't explain interweaves on a spanish ring knot That I am looking for. (even though it said "Start a second color here") So I ordered another book (braiding the bosal II). If you like braiding or knotting turks heads, or pineapple knots or whatever, then you need to go to http://www.hought.com/brbooks.html Gail is an exceptionally talented artist as well as braider and these books are really easy to follow.


Fortunately, I figured out that this book didn't have what I was looking for so I went onto an interweave knot (second color) on a six bight turks head knot. Only took me two days (and countless times of starting over) before Ifinally made it correctly this afternoon! Now to teach myself to braid it in miniature!
It would be nice to some day make these in large real horse sized.. but thats probably just a daydream at this point since the miniatures keep me so very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying so!