Thursday, January 15, 2009

working on the mecate




Above are my first attempts at the Mecate. I say "first attempts" because I was wholely unhappy with how that first attempt turned out. It just would not stay twisted together to my satisfaction. I Should've left it alone but I was so mentally SET on getting it done that I rushed it a bit. It was also near the end of munchkin's nap one day so that added extra pressure. I can tell you that it's very hard to get waaaayyy into something (like I do)and then have to drop it. (Not that he's not worth it :-) )

So I tore it up and I'm trying it again a different way. Some of you may remember that I bought a drop spinner to try to learn to spin my own yarn.. well I never figgered it out because the directions were totally unhelpful to me. There are videos on youtube though that show one how to do it so I'm definitely going to go there when I have more time.

Munchkin didn't sleep well last night, which means that I didn't sleep well last night. Then he didn't want to take his normal morning nap. (of course) This means that I didn't sleep well and I haven't had a chance to catch up on sleep at all today.. Maybe this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying so!