Sunday, October 23, 2011

Almost done!



Just need to add stirrups and stirrup keepers.

It's not a dazzling saddle but it really wasn't meant to be. I think I'm going to use it as a working, all around saddle.  Considering how long it's been since I actually made a saddle and I've never used this kind of tree before, I think it turned out pretty well.  I think it's definitely live show quality but it's not the best saddle I've ever done because I tried to do it in a hurry.

I tried to make the seat "cushy" using some foam but I'm not entirely sure how successful it was.  

This saddle brought my skills up quite a bit and I have new plans for the reining saddle that I've been working on, on and off... but now I have a full saddle pattern for this tree and I couldn't be happier about it.

No comments: