Saturday, December 15, 2012

New Stuff..






For the First Time in 14 Years, I do not owe anyone any orders.  I have completed my backlog.  I honestly didn't know what to do with myself for a couple of weeks.  It wasn't that I didn't have the time, its that I didn't have the focus to pick one personal project!

  Then I started on "MY" western pleasure saddle.  Then I put it down because the pattern wasn't quite what I wanted.  After a couple of days though I started just banging on it to see what it would look like when the bottom skirt was done.  Then I started to like it more... so now thats where I am. .. working on a western pleasure set for myself  I still haven't completed the toolign patterns for the fenders or the side jockeys.  Sometimes (and more often as I get older damn it!) ideas come slowly but I have learned to wait.

My saddle set Sort of going match Anthony's Saddle in that it will be a natural color with a black border.  I'm also going to "bling" it up with spots and real silver.(A la Dale chavez style)  I have a headstall started to match it but I'm getting the "itch" to make my own silver bit instead of using the lovely one I bought from twmhc on ebay.  So that bridle will probably be completed and sold.

I am thrilled to say and announce (in case you didn't know) that my mentor Susan Bensema Young has a B L O G now!  I'm thrilled to see it!  I'm going to try to get it added to my links as soon as I have time.


I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and is enjoying time with their family... Or if your family gets on your nerves I hope that you see them as little as possible and you spend time with someone that you love. :0)

If you have the extra cash and you want to donate it, please don't forget your local animal charities.  2011 and 2012 has been rough on them and they always need your help.

2 comments:

Danielle Hart said...

LOL. If your family gets on your nerves...

BEAUTIFUL saddle so far! Tooling is super sweet! Can't wait to see Susan's blog either...

TMC said...

Thank-you for mentioning the animal charities, even donating ONE dollar makes a difference!