Thursday, October 08, 2009

Not much to say... still working in the studio..













I've been incredibly distracted lately.. not by anything "good" either. It's been an emotional hike over the last two weeks personally and I feel "wrecked" and raw. But somehow in these moments I feel more creative. I think its the extreme in feeling of emotions (any kind of emotion, good or bad) that pushes me to be more creative and to really feel what I'm making.






I know, strange words coming from someone who makes little saddles and bridles but as you probably know by now, I consider my work, bonafide art and craft. :-)






There is an excellent series produced by PBS called "Craft in America". Season 1 was extremely inspiring to me and season two so far has made me feel the same. Since I Never seem to find time (or a justifiable reason, other than "I just want to")to actually mingle with artists locally this is the next best thing for me...






The frog above was hand made by an artist at the St James Court Art Show. I am in love with him and I'd LOVE to know the name of the artist. She walked away after I asked if I could photo him and went behind her booth. (couldn't find any business cards either : /)If you know who made this wonderful guy, please please drop me a line because I'd LOVE to give her credit! The details are inspiring and admirable all at once and I have a window seat in the studio that he'd look fantastic sitting in :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:42 PM

    I love the frog! Hope you get out of your funk soon. I'm in one myself unfortunately I have no way of channeling the frustration.

    I love your work and hope to have a piece some day.

    Take care of yourself!

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying so!