Look! I finished another thing! I'm kinda proud.. I'm pushing and pushing myself to get back in the studio. My problem is having time and energy but I'm pushing! I started working on a Tennessee Walking horse Bridle and a saddleseat bridle but I was just so tired and my skills were rusty.. So I needed a pickmeup in the shape of things that are easier and make me happy to do! It also reminds me that I can do these tiny things and i'm pretty good at it :)
So around the end of may, early part of june, I started experimenting with making real holes for the browband and the noseband of saddleseat style bridles. At first it didn't really work because I was still using needles to make the holes.. then DUH I figured out that I could use a mechanical pencil to punch the holes with my cutting mat underneath. So the above halter has white behind the maroon piece and those are real holes punched in. I did fill a couple with white paint to make them stand out more but all in all I really like the effect!
I am trying to push myself to get more studio time and blog time, so hopefully there will be more posts!