Saturday, March 08, 2008

Gah! *grumble*


Today is one of those days that I have gotten nothing done in the studio. I thought I had finished my "Lady Phase" Mold Halter and I was pretty happy with my work. I then got a gander of it in the bright natural light and I noticed that all of the knots were dirty. I think that the day I was doing the knots, I touched them too much when I was working on them. It appeared that the oils from my hands turned the Ecru colored thread grey. This means that all of the knots have to be redone which is difficult to do when the halter is completly put together. I've gotten half of the knots redone that I need though so that makes me feel a little better.


Then I went to work on the Bosal for the mother hubbard II saddle. I tried to comprehend how to do a real six bight nose button in miniature and my brain just wasn't having it. I decided to fudge it a bit by just covering some spanish ring knots on either end. Well, I didn't realize that I should'v made those knots stationary before trying to braid over top of them. As you can imagine, my braiding work was "chasing" the knot to the wrong spot on the bosal. I then secured the knots but I have to wait a day to let the clear fingernail polish dry.

Then I went onto the bit for my Mother Hubbard II saddle. I'm not sure what I was thinking with the particular design. I can't use it now. It's just "wrong". This means I have to design another one AND I wasted precious silver in my first attempt with the other design.


Today was not the good day in the studio like I had thought it would be, but everyone has setbacks.


My son was crankier than usual today too. He's not on a rigid feeding and sleeping schedule. We kind of go with the flow with him because he constantly changes when he's hungry and when he sleeps. He roughly goes 3 - 4 hours between feedings and he has been sleeping up to 6 hours overnight. This last week though, he's not been sleeping well or napping well so it has made him cranky. (Not to mention mom and dad!) A lot of today was spent running around the house and trying to appease baby.


Yesterday and today Louisville, Ky experienced more of that "weather" that I mentioned a few posts ago. 7-12 Inches of snow fell across our fair city. Thankfully I had no where to be today so I enjoyed the snow in our back yard. I took quite a few pictures and above is one that I took at dusk.
I'm ready to go to bed now even though it's only 7pm! Thankfully, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying so!