Monday, November 24, 2008

Scale















I have some new folks visiting from the "SITS" blog and I want to show them the scale of my work. So forgive me if this isn't very interesting to folks that already are in my hobby or already know about miniatures.



Above is a halter that I finished recently that is compared to an American Quarter. Underneath it is a catalog page from Sergeants Western Wear catalog showing a real "life sized" halter so that you can get the feeling of what I'm making.


My work is 1/8th of life size scale. Doll House folks work in 1/12th scale. I'm not sure how that translates to the Railroading folks or I'd compare my scale to them as well.

The next braided bridle that I'll be working in will be in 1/6th scale which is quite a bit bigger than my regular scale. (about the size of a barbie horse or a johnny west "thunderbolt" horse)


My "how to" article mentioned in the last blog post will be about dying a 3/32nds piece of leather lacing. I actually get asked how I do that quite a bit and it's not quite as easy as it sounds. I've taken pictures and everything :-)..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying so!