Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Detour!

Ok, real fast, cause my husband's family is staying with us - I am trying to learn the gaucho interweave on a 6bight turks head knot. I figured that since I know the six bight turks head so well by now (after interweaving it with the herringbone so often) that I might as well go for the gaucho interweave as well. After a couple of days of working on it, I have not mastered it yet but my brain more easily understands it than I initially understood the herringbone.

And while I find not picking it up as quickly as I'd like a bit frustrating, I have to admit that I'm having a great time trying to learn it.

I also want to learn to work silver a bit better so I've been working on that as well on paper. It is hard for me to find time to work on etching silver while the baby is awake (because my engraver is very very loud and I can't work on it while he's sleeping) so my silverwork will have to wait a bit before I put it into practice.

This weekend will be swamped with Munchkin's birthday party but I hope that maybe sunday I'll get a bit of time to myself to work on silver..

Pictures when I get close to having something to photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying so!